Original and Innovative Karl Fischer Reagents
Looking to analyze or measure water content?
The premium Hydranal™ products for pyridine-free and ethanol-based water determination by Karl Fischer titration (KF titration) is comprised of one- and two-component reagents for volumetric and reagents for coulometric Karl Fischer titrations. Also available are water standards for titer standardization, pH buffering reagents, special reagents for aldehydes, ketones, and other solubilizing agents.
- Volumetric Karl Fischer Titration
- Coulometric KF Titration
- Water Standards
- Other KF Titration products
Explore the many benefits of the broadest portfolio of one- and two-component volumetric reagents.
New formulation of Hydranal-Composite reagents improves stability and eliminates the formation of crystals.
Our broad selection includes:
- Hydranal-Methanol Rapid containing accelerators to speed up titration with one-component reagents
- Hydranal E-Type reagents based on ethanol for safer titrations
- Hydranal-Medium K as a less toxic alternative for the determination of water in aldehydes and ketones
Optimize your titration with the right reagents
Advantages of Hydranal one-component reagents:
- Unlimited water capacity
- Convenient and easy to use
- The greatest flexibility in working media selectio
- Suitable for methanol-reacting compounds, e.g. ketones and aldehydes
- Long shelf life (three years)
Hydranal-Composite contains all the reactants including iodine, sulfur dioxide, and the bases imidazole and 2-methylimidazole, dissolved in diethylene glycol monoethyl ether (DEGEE). Adding 2-methylimidazole in addition to imidazole improves the stability and eliminates the formation of crystals which can interfere with the titrator’s performance.
The complete KF Titration solution from Honeywell
Advantages of Hydranal two-component reagents:
- High titration speed
- Ideal accuracy for small amounts of water
- High buffer capacity
- Exact and stable titer
- E-type reagents: reduced toxicity compared to methanol
- Long shelf life (three years for titrants, five years for solvents)
In two-component reagents the Karl Fisher reactants are separated into two solutions: the titrant and the solvent. Hydranal-Titrant contains iodine dissolved in an alcohol with a precisely defined concentration. Hydranal-Solvent is an alcoholic solution of sulfur dioxide and imidazole.
The alcohol is either methanol for standard reagents or ethanol for E-type reagents.
Coulometric reagents based on different solvent compositions serve to support the broad variety of samples analyzed.
All your KF regagents from one source
Some working techniques are supported by special reagents:
Advantages of Hydranal coulometric reagents:
- Easy to use
- High accuracy for trace amounts of water
- Stable conditions of the titration vessel
- Broad product range
- Long shelf life (up to five years)
Hydranal-Coulomat CG reagents are used as catholytes.
The Hydranal family offers verified water standards with exactly confirmed water content for:
- Titer determination
- Monitoring precision and accuracy
- Validation and inspection of Karl Fischer titrators according to ISO, GMP, GLP and FDA guidelines
Advantages of Hydranal Water Standards:
- Broad product range for volumetric and coulometric Karl Fischer applications
- Manufactured according to current ISO requirements
- Verified against NIST SRM 2890
- Long shelf life (up to five years)
- Convenient packaging
- Supplied with detailed instruction for use
- Report of Analysis with exact water content
Hydranal introduced the very first commercially available CRM (Certified Reference Material) Water Standards thanks to double accreditation (ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO Guide 34).
Unique water standards include:
- CRM Water Standards
- 0.1 PC Water Standard with improved stability
Hydranal is offering a wide range of additional Karl Fischer titration products:
- Solubilizers (Formamide dry, Chloroform, Xylene) to aid the working conditions and enable a direct titration of the sample
- Buffers to neutralize acidic or basic samples to reach ideal pH-value or suppress side reactions
- Moisture Test Kit to determine amount of water in various samples while being in the field or away from a Karl Fischer titrator