Welcome to Cytiva Lab Recharge 2021
Offering solutions for all segments and applications in life sciences research including sample preparation, protein purification, cell culture, filtration and Western blotting.
Contact your local Fisher Scientific Representative and ask for your promo code to unlock your special prices.
Click on the workflow for more products
- Protein Research
- Cell Culture
- DNA and RNA Research
- Whatman™ Filtration
- ÄKTA™ Quote/ Info Request
Choose from Cytiva's portfolio of protein purification tools, from Sephadex™, the chromatography resin that revolutionised protein purification, to the newest magnetic bead-based technology. Cytiva's products support a broad range of chromatography resins and resin methods, including affinity purification, gel filtration, desalting, ion exchange and hydrophobic interaction, all in formats to meet your application requirements.
- Loose resin up to 500g
- Chromatography columns such as HiTrap™, SpinTrap™, GraviTrap™ and Tricorn™ columns
- Pre-packed columns for convenience and efficiency
Amersham™ Western blotting products deliver reliable protein identification for you time after time: meaningful data, reproducible results.
HyClone™ serum, media buffers and process liquids have helped advance drug discovery and bioproduction processes since 1967, and continue to deliver quality and consistency.
Culture cells using our complete line of HyClone™ classical, speciality and transfection media products that support cell growth of CHO, SF9, HEK293, hybridoma, myeloma, insect, NS0 and viral vaccine cell lines.
Enhance cell culture performance using a variety of HyClone™ supplements, including Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS), calf serum, engineered serum (FetalClone™ 1, 2, 3) and serum-free supplements (HyClone™ Cell Boost 1-6).
Separate attachment-dependent cells from substrate or reduce the effect of bacteria, mould or yeast contaminants in your cell culture process.
Grow stem cells with ease using our specialty line of stem cell products tailored to optimise cell culture performance for a variety of stem cells, including induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC), mesenchymal stem cells (mSC), human embryonic stem cells (hESC) and epithelial stem cells.
Manage, control and regulate pH, temperature, osmotic pressure, carbon dioxide and oxygen for your specific cell culture.
When nucleic acid (DNA or RNA) sample is scarce, amplification can be used to expand the sample quantity for use in multiple experiments. Selecting the most suitable amplification technology will depend on sample type, the molecular biology application where it will be used, and the need to preserve sample for additional testing. Some common technologies for DNA amplification are Phi29 polymerase technology, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), rolling circle amplification (RCA), and isothermal multiple strand displacement amplification (MDA).
Phi29 polymerase technology
Phi29 DNA polymerase-based isothermal DNA amplification is a simple, reliable alternative to other DNA amplification procedures such as polymerase chain reaction (PCR). The highly processive Phi29 DNA polymerase elicits strong strand displacement enabling rapid DNA replication from multiple sites.
Whole genome amplification
GenomiPhi™ products, powered by Phi29 polymerase technology, are available in kits that provide an easy-to-use method which delivers highly representative and reliable whole genome amplification. Each kit contains all the components necessary for whole-genome amplification by utilising isothermal multiple strand displacement amplification, with minimal hands-on time. Compared with conventional PCR amplification techniques, MDA generates larger sized products with a lower error frequency.
Rolling circle amplification
TempliPhi™, based on Phi29 DNA polymerase, is used to exponentially amplify single- or double-stranded circular DNA by rolling circle amplification (RCA). This isothermal amplification produces microgram quantities of DNA from picograms of starting material in 4 to 6 hours.
Filtration is an indispensable step in sample preparation and many analytical methods. Cytiva's Whatman™ products provide the quality, consistency, reliability and convenience to help your lab run smoothly. With a large variety of available sizes, types and specifications, you can be sure to find a filter that fits your application, equipment and workflow.
- Cellulose, glass and quartz fibre filters
- Membrane filters
- Syringe and syringeless filtration devices
- Capsule filters
- Sterile and non-sterile options
- Lab essentials
Whatman Puradisc syringe filter
- High performance, dependable single membrane layer filter
- Available in 11 different membrane types and seven pore sizes to work for samples of many chemical compositions and volumes
Whatman GD/X™ syringe filter
- Used for heavy, thick, or viscous hard-to-filter samples
- Multi-gradient glass-fibre layer pre-filters large particles which increases flow rate and volume through the main membrane
Whatman GD/XP syringe filter
- Used for heavy, thick, or viscous samples with low protein binding and low metals extractables
- Polypropylene pre-filtration stack provides increased flow rate and volume flow through while eliminating protein binding and inorganic ion extractables that could come from glass fibre pre-filtration
Whatman SPARTAN™ certified
- Every batch is tested and certified for HPLC use to ensure batch-to-batch consistency and low levels of UV-absorbing substances
- Regenerated cellulose membrane exhibits very low protein binding and low levels of extractables in water, methanol and acetonitrile
- Recommended for use in ion chromatography
- Alumina-based Anopore membrane has very low ion extractables and highly uniform capillary pore structure
Whatman Mini-UniPrep™ (MUP)
- Designed for HPLC and UHPLC autosamplers to support high throughput testing labs
- Combines syringe, syringe filter, autosampler vial, cap and septum in a single device for increased efficiency in consumable management
Whatman Mini-UniPrep™ (MUP) G2
- Designed for HPLC and UHPLC autosamplers to support high throughput testing labs requiring low levels of organic leachables
- Same design as MUP but a borosilicate glass vial reduces leachables that could come from plastics
Cellulose fibre - quantitative
- Low ash filters in support gravimetric and other weight-based analyses
- Available in a variety of thicknesses, retention sizes and surface treatments to support specific applications
Cellulose fibre - qualitative
- High purity cotton filters support sample separation, clarification and purification in advance of analysis
- Available in a variety of thicknesses, retention sizes and physical preparations to support specific applications
Glass and quartz fibre
- The ability to capture very small particles supports environmental analysis and other applications requiring high retention rates
- Available with a range of particle retention sizes, mechanical strengths and thermal stabilities to support specific applications
- Whatman Puradisc
- Whatman GD/X
- Whatman GD/XP
- Whatman SPARTAN certified
- Whatman Anotop
- Whatman Mini-UniPrep (MUP) and G2
Filter papers, and glass/quartz fibres
- Cellulose fibre – quantitative
- Cellulose fibre – qualitative
- Glass and quartz fibre
Cytiva helps researchers and biopharmaceutical manufacturers evolve how new therapies and precision medicines are discovered, made and used.
Tried, tested and trusted techniques in nucleic acid labelling, detection and blotting.
Whatman capsule filters supporting cell culture include the Whatman Polycap TC for lysate pre-clearance and Whatman PolyVENT for bioreactor venting.
Modern brewers use a lot of science to deliver the quality and characteristics their customers expect.
ÄKTA™ start protein purification system
You won’t believe how easy it is.
From method creation and sample loading to fraction collection and data analysis, we’ve thought about how to make your work easier at every step. Let ÄKTA start transform your manual purification workflow into a convenient automated solution that delivers reproducible results.
It’s like having an expert with you all the way.
UNICORN start system control software is user-friendly, guiding you through each step in your purification, from creating a protocol and setting up your run to evaluating your results and creating a custom report. See how UNICORN start software saves you time and gives you valuable insight into your run or purification.
ÄKTA start offers the following features:
- Compact solution for quick and reliable one-step protein purification
- Sample injection and fraction collection options
- Quick start methods and templates for common purification techniques
- Intuitive touchscreen display and real-time monitoring
- Flow rate: 0.5 to 5mL/min
- Pump type: peristaltic pump - single channel, four-roller pump head with low pulsation
- Max. operating pressure: 0.5MPa
- UV, fixed wavelength: Yes, 280nm
- Conductivity range: 0 to 300mS/cm
- Software: UNICORN start 1.0 or higher
Cytiva: speed, efficiency, capacity
Cytiva is a global provider of technologies and services that help advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of therapeutics. With a heritage of innovation, we continue to move forward, building on the brands you know and have come to rely on for quality and reliability. Our diverse portfolio includes well-recognised brands such as ÄKTA™, Amersham™, HyClone™, MabSelect™ and Whatman™. Cytiva brings speed, efficiency and capacity to life sciences research and manufacturing, enabling the delivery of transformative medicines