Thermo Scientific™ Acrylamide, 98.5%, extra pure
Acrylamide, CAS # 79-06-1, is an organic amide compound used as a monomer in the synthesis of polyacrylamides.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 164830025
Additional Details : CAS Number : 79-06-1 Weight : 2.55000kg Transport : UN number : 2074 Chem class : 6.1 Pack group : III
This Thermo Scientific brand product was originally part of the Acros Organics product portfolio. Some documentation and label information may refer to the legacy brand. The original Acros Organics product / item code or SKU reference has not changed as a part of the brand transition to Thermo Scientific.
- Acrylamide is an organic amide compound mainly used to as a monomer in the synthesis of polyacrylamide
- Acrylamide is formed in foods containing carbohydrates in its composition, mainly when these foods are fried, grilled or baked
- In laboratory experiments acrylamide participates in chemical reactions as an intermediate in the preparation of N-methylol acrylamide and N-butoxyacrylamide compounds
- For molecular usage, this compound can be used as a carrier and is involved in the precipitation of small amounts of DNA
- In molecular experiments it is used in gel electrophoresis, including western blot, and SDS-PAGE, to separate proteins and macromolecules based on their size and charge
|125.0°C (25.0 mmHg)|
|82.0°C to 86.0°C|
|Crystals or Crystalline Powder|
|Solubility in water: 21.5g/L (30°C). Other solubilities: solubilities in g/100mL solvent (30°C):, methanol 155; ethanol 86.2; acetone 63.1;, ethyl acetate 12.6; chloroform 2.66;, benzene 0.346; heptane 0.0068, soluble in ether|
RUO – Research Use Only