Invitrogen™ TRIzol™ Reagent
Isolate RNA, DNA, and protein from the same sample
Brand: Invitrogen™ 15596018
Additional Details : CAS Number : 9048-46-8 Weight : 0.69000kg Transport : UN number : 1760 Chem class : 8 Pack group : II
TRIzol Reagent is a complete, ready-to-use reagent for the isolation of high-quality total RNA or the simultaneous isolation of RNA, DNA, and protein from a variety of biological samples. This monophasic solution of phenol and guanidine isothiocyanate is designed to isolate separate fractions of RNA, DNA, and proteins from cell and tissue samples of human, animal, plant, yeast, or bacterial origin, within one hour.
Reliably purify RNA from multiple sample volumes and sources TRIzol Reagent performs well with small quantities of tissue (50–100mg) and cells (5 × 106), as well as with large quantities of tissue (≥1g) and cells (>107), and comes with prototcols for purification from samples of human, animal, plant, or bacterial origin. TRIzol Reagent maintains the integrity of the RNA due to highly effective inhibition of RNase activity while disrupting cells and dissolving cell components during sample homogenization. The simplicity of the TRIzol Reagent method allows simultaneous processing of a large number of samples. The entire procedure can be completed in 1 hour. Total RNA isolated by TRIzol Reagent is free of protein and DNA contamination.
Formulated for isolation of multiple molecular targets TRIzol Reagent allows you to perform sequential precipitation of RNA, DNA, and proteins from a single sample. After homogenizing the sample with TRIzol Reagent, chloroform is added, and the homogenate is allowed to separate into a clear upper aqueous layer (containing RNA), and interphase and red lower organic layers (containing the DNA and proteins). RNA is precipitated from the aqueous layer with isopropanol. DNA is precipitated from the interphase/organic layer with ethanol. Protein is precipitated from the phenol-ethanol supernatant by isopropanol precipitation. The precipitated RNA, DNA, or protein is washed to remove impurities, and then resuspended for use in downstream applications.
- Permits the isolation of RNA, DNA, and protein from the same sample
- Offers superior lysis capability, even with difficult sample types
- Optimized formulations and protocols for tissues, cells, serum, virus, and bacteria
Not high-throughput compatible (Manual)
DNA and RNA Purification and Analysis, RNA Extraction, RNAi, Epigenetics and Non-Coding RNA Research, Total RNA Isolation, Total RNA from Animal Cells and Tissues, Total RNA from Bacterial Samples, Total RNA from Plant Cells, Total RNA from Yeast, miRNA and Non-Coding RNA Analysis, miRNA Isolation
|200mL TRIzol Reagent|
|Not High-throughput Compatible (Manual)|
|Up to 1 g tissue, Up to 1 x 10^7 cells|
|Total RNA, Transcriptome RNA, micro RNA|
|Plant Samples, Viral Samples, Blood, Tissue, Yeast, Bacteria, Cells|
|Real-Time Quantitative PCR (qPCR), Reverse Transcriptase PCR (RT-PCR), cDNA Library Construction, Nuclease Protection Assays, Northern Blotting, Cloning|
|Total RNA, Transcriptome RNA, miRNA|
Safety and Handling
- TRIZOL REAGENT
- Acute toxicity Category 3
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 B
- H301-Toxic if swallowed.
- H311-Toxic in contact with skin.
- H331-Toxic if inhaled.
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H335-May cause respiratory irritation.
- H341-Suspected of causing genetic defects.
- H373-May cause damage to organs.
- H412-Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P301+P310-IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor /
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P261-Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : Phenol, Thiocyanic acid, compound with guanidine (1:1), Ammonium thiocyanate
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.