missing translation for 'onlineSavingsMsg'
Ammonia Solution, 1M, Chem-Lab
Click to view available options
Ammonium hydroxide solution can be used to study chromatography, base solutions, analytical reagents, titration and volumetric solutions.
- Aqueous ammonia is used as a complexant and base.
- It can dissolve silver oxide residues.
- When mixed with dilute hydrogen peroxide in the presence of a metal ion, the peroxide decomposes rapidly.
- Aqueous ammonia can be used as a precursor to some alkyl amines.
- Ammonia solution is found in household and jewelry cleaning agents, and has many industrial and commercial applications.
|Synonym||ammonium hydroxide, ammonia water, ammonia aqueous, aquammonia, aqua ammonia, ammonia, aqua, household ammonia, ammonium hydroxide solution, ammonia, monohydrate, ammonium hydroxide nh4 oh|
|IUPAC Name||amine hydrate|
|Molecular Weight (g/mol)||35.05|
|Concentration or Composition (by Analyte or Components)||35.05g NH4OH per 1L H2O|
|Normality||1 N (±0.002, 20°C)|
|Solvent or Matrix||Water|
|Show More Show Less|
Safety and Handling
- Ammonia 1 mol/l
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P301+P330+P331-IF SWALLOWED: rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P308+P311-IF exposed or concerned: Call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : ammonia