Ammonium cerium(IV) nitrate, 99%, ACS reagent, Thermo Scientific™
Brand: Thermo Scientific Acros 423540500
Additional Details : CAS Number : 16774-21-3 Weight : 0.05000kg Transport : UN number : 3085 Chem class : 5.1 Pack group : II
This Thermo Scientific brand product was originally part of the Acros Organics product portfolio. Some documentation and label information may refer to the legacy brand. The original Acros Organics product / item code or SKU reference has not changed as a part of the brand transition to Thermo Scientific.Oxidation reagent
|Ammonium cerium(IV) nitrate|
|107.0°C to 108.0°C|
|01,120; 02,63; 03,44; 04,71; 05,101; 06,99; 09,99; 10,79; 15,70; 16,66; 17,68|
|Ceric ammonium nitrate, CAN|
|Powder or Flakes|
|Beige-Yellow to White|
|Solubility in water: 1410g/L (20°C). Other solubilities: insoluble in fat,soluble in alcohol|
|0.05% max. (in dilute sulfuric acid)|
|Solubility in water: 1410g/L (20°C). Other solubilities: insoluble in fat, soluble in alcohol|
Safety and Handling
- Ammonium cerium(IV) nitrate
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Substances and mixtures corrosive to metals Category 1
- Oxidising solid Category 2
- Respiratory sensitiser Category 1
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 C
- LONG-TERM AQUATIC HAZARD Chronic 1
- ACUTE AQUATIC Acute 1
- H317-May cause an allergic skin reaction.
- H318-Causes serious eye damage.
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H290-May be corrosive to metals.
- H272-May intensify fire; oxidiser.
- H400-Very toxic to aquatic life.
- H410-Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P210-Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
- P371+P380+P375-In case of major fire and large quantities: Evacuate area Fight fire remotely due to the risk of explosion.
RUO – Research Use Only