Barium hydroxide octahydrate, 98+%, for analysis, Thermo Scientific™
Barium hydroxide octahydrate, 98+%, for analysis, ACROS Organics, Quantity: 1kg, Packaging: Plastic bottle, CAS: 12230-71-6, White, Grade: Analysis, Melting Point: 78.0 deg.C, Molecular Formula: H2BaO2.8H2O, Molecular Weight: 315.48, Percent Purity: 98+%
Brand: Thermo Scientific Acros 203140050
Additional Details : CAS Number : 12230-71-6 Weight : 5.05000kg Transport : UN number : 3262 Chem class : 8 Pack group : III
This Thermo Scientific brand product was originally part of the Acros Organics product portfolio. Some documentation and label information may refer to the legacy brand. The original Acros Organics product / item code or SKU reference has not changed as a part of the brand transition to Thermo Scientific.
|Barium hydroxide octahydrate|
|barium hydroxide octahydrate, unii-l5q5v03tbn, l5q5v03tbn, dihydroxybarium octahydrate, barium dihydroxide octahydrate, barium hydroxide octahydrate mi, barium hydroxide ba oh 2 , octahydrate, acmc-1an7p, barium hydroxide octa hydrate, barium hydroxide octa-hydrate|
|Crystals, Crystalline Flakes or Powder|
|0.01% max. (in HCl)|
|Solubility in water: 56g/L (15°C). Other solubilities: freely soluble in methanol,slightly soluble in ethanol,practically insoluble in acetone|
|Solubility in water: 56g/L (15°C). Other solubilities: freely soluble in methanol, slightly soluble in ethanol, practically insoluble in acetone|
Safety and Handling
- Barium hydroxide octahydrate
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 A
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H332-Harmful if inhaled.
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- EUH071-Corrosive to the respiratory tract.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P301+P330+P331-IF SWALLOWED: rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
RUO – Research Use Only