Borane-methyl sulfide complex, 2M solution in THF, AcroSeal™, Thermo Scientific™
Brand: Thermo Scientific Acros 185071000
Additional Details : CAS Number : 13292-87-0 Weight : 0.13550kg Transport : UN number : 3399 Chem class : 4.3 Pack group : I
This Thermo Scientific brand product was originally part of the Acros Organics product portfolio. Some documentation and label information may refer to the legacy brand. The original Acros Organics product / item code or SKU reference has not changed as a part of the brand transition to Thermo Scientific.Reduction reagent
|Borane-methyl sulfide complex|
|1.80 to 2.20M|
|borane dms, borane dimethylsulfide, borane methylsulfide, borane-dimethyl sulfide complex, dimethyl sulfide trihydroboron, dimethyl sulfideborane, borane-dimethyl sulfide, borane dimethyl sulfide complex, borane-methyl sulfide complex, dimethyl sulfide borane|
|AcroSeal™ Glass bottle|
|2M Solution in Tetrahydrofuran|
|04,191; 05,47; 06,64; 08,49; 10,49; 14,52; 17,50|
|Solubility in water: reacts. Other solubilities: soluble in ethyl ether, tetrahydrofurane, hexane,, toluene, methylene chloride and other aprotic, solvents|
|Colorless to Yellow|
Safety and Handling
- Borane-methyl sulfide complex, 2M solution in tetrahydrofuran
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- Carcinogenicity Category 2
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Flammable liquid Category 2
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- Substance which\, in contact with water\, emits flammable gases Category 1
- H318-Causes serious eye damage.
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H351-Suspected of causing cancer.
- H335-May cause respiratory irritation.
- H336-May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H260-In contact with water releases flammable gases which may ignite spontaneously.
- H225-Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
- EUH014-Reacts violently with water.
- EUH019-May form explosive peroxides.
- P210-Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P231+P232-Handle under inert gas. Protect from moisture.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
- P332+P313-If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
RUO – Research Use Only