Calcium hydride, ca. 93%, extra pure, 10-100 mm pieces, up to 10% powder, Thermo Scientific™
This Thermo Scientific brand product was originally part of the Acros Organics product portfolio. Some documentation and label information may refer to the legacy brand. The original Acros Organics product / item code or SKU reference has not changed as a part of the brand transition to Thermo Scientific.
|Assay Percent Range||92% min. (Total Ca)|
|Solubility Information||Solubility in water: reacts. Other solubilities: decomposes with lower alcohols and carboxylic acid,soluble only in salt melts|
|Physical Form||Irregular Lumps or Pieces|
|Percent Purity||ca. 93%|
|Hydrogen (H)||980mL/g min. (Typically) CaH2|
|Iron (Fe)||100ppm max. Typically|
|Magnesium (Mg)||8000ppm max. Typically|
|Aluminum (Al)||100ppm max. Typically|
|Nickel (Ni)||2000ppm max. Typically|
|Solubility||Solubility in water: reacts. Other solubilities: decomposes with lower alcohols and carboxylic acid, soluble only in salt melts|
|Chlorine (Cl)||5000ppm max. Typically|
|Chemical Name or Material||Calcium hydride, ca. 93%|
|Show More Show Less|
- Calcium hydride
- Substance which\, in contact with water\, emits flammable gases Category 1
- H260-In contact with water releases flammable gases which may ignite spontaneously.
- P223-Do not allow contact with water.
- P231+P232-Handle under inert gas. Protect from moisture.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P335+P334-Brush off loose particles from skin Immerse in cool water/wrap in wet bandages.
- P370+P378-In case of fire: Use to extinguish.
- P402+P404-Store in a dry place. Store in a closed container.
RUO – Research Use Only