Fisherbrand™ Controlled Rate Freezer
Liquid nitrogen free and cryogen free controlled rate freezer for research into the cryopreservation of a wide range of material including: embryos, stem cells, mammalian cells, spermatozoa, antibodies, tissue sections and rodent organs.
Additional Details : Weight : 9.80000kg
The Fisherbrand™ Controlled Rate Freezer is a liquid nitrogen free and cryogen free controlled rate freezer that brings accuracy, precision and reproducibility to biological cryopreservation.
Unlike conventional liquid nitrogen based controlled rate cooling equipment, the Fisherbrand™ Controlled Rate Freezer poses no contamination risk and can be used in cleanrooms and barrier facilities. It fits neatly and quietly on a bench-top and its performance in terms of cell viability after freezing is comparable or better than standard liquid nitrogen freezers. As alcohol is not used, there is also no potential fire risk. The Fisherbrand™ Controlled Rate Freezer will cool down to -100°C with straws.
The cooling rate is precisely controlled, ensuring accuracy and reproducibility throughout the freezing profile, especially for the important nucleation/seeding phase. This ensures optimal recovery of cells upon thawing. Operation is simple and can be carried out with or without a PC; data can be logged via PC software and cooling profiles are directly displayed. Different cooling profiles are available from a drop down menu and customised profiles can be written.
Main applications: Fisherbrand™ Controlled Rate Freezer is highly versatile and can be used for the cryopreservation research of a wide range of samples in cryovials, straws, bags, microplates and Matrix-96-well block plates in the following areas:
- Transgenic embryos research
- Stem cell research
- Clinical and research samples, e.g. lymphocytes and tissue cell lines in conventional cryovials
- Various mammalian cells including cardiomyocytes, adipose, liver and muscle
- Cord blood derived stem cells
- Adherent cells and stem cells in microplates
- Cell suspensions in numbered/barcoded arrays
- Robotic integration – the Fisherbrand™ Controlled Rate Freezer has also successfully been integrated into robotic systems
- Suitable for applications in veterinarian IVF
Key benefits and features:
- Accurate and reproducible control of cooling rates and sample temperatures
- Easy to use and samples can be nucleated/seeded in-situ
- Linear and non-linear cooling profiles
- Low running costs: estimated at 1% of liquid nitrogen controlled rate freezing
- Temperature remains at -100°C at the end of cycle for straw applications until freezer is switched off
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS): complete cycle run if power fails (supplied as an optional accessory)
- CE marked (laboratory use)
- Servicing and calibration available
- 3 year warranty
- Overall Size: W 36.9 cm, D 26.6 cm, H 45.3 cm (with lid)
- Operating temperature (environment): 20°C to 30°C
- A number of fixed plates available (standard straws, high security straws, cryovials, cryocyte bags and microplates)
- Freezer can be run as a stand alone pre-programmed unit or connected to a control PC (computer with serial port and control software and Windows)
- Software allowing configuration of existing profiles, creation of new customer profiles, data logging and reporting. All data is logged in an encrypted and Excel readable form.
- Standard, pre-set cooling profiles available
- Backup electrical supply: 750 VA UPS capable of running freezer for 3 hour cycle in the case of an electrical power failure
- Cleaning: Seamless, no dirt traps, may be cleaned using standard wipes
|RoHS, CE, UKCA|
|EU-Style, UK-Style, US-Style|
|Flat Plate for Items or Vessels|
|264 x 367 x 445 mm|
|Mains Supply: 100/240 V, 50/60 Hz, Unit Supply: 24 V DC|