Ethanol, 99.9%, Scharlab
- Synonyms: Ethyl alcohol, Methylcarbinol, Spirit, Spirit of wine
- Molecular Formula: C2H5OH
- Molar Mass: 46.07g/mol
- CAS: 64-17-5
- EIN ECS No.: 200-578-6
- Dielectric Constant: 24.3 at 25°C
Reacts explosively with strong oxidizing agents including chromium trioxide, hydrogen peroxide and inorganic acids such as nitric acid. Can react violently with metals such as magnesium, sodium and potassium to produce hydrogen. May damage gaskets, painted surfaces, protective and sealing grease coatings, materials, rubber and some plastics.
|Synonym||ethyl alcohol, alcohol, methylcarbinol, grain alcohol, ethyl hydroxide, ethyl hydrate, algrain, alkohol, anhydrol, tecsol|
|Molecular Weight (g/mol)||46.069|
|Percent Purity||99.9% min|
|Show More Show Less|
- Ethanol absolute, reagent grade, ACS, ISO, Reag. Ph Eur
- Flammable liquid Category 2
- H225-Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
- P210-Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P241-Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P240-Ground/bond container and receiving equipment.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P501-Dispose of contents/container to .