Scharlab Ethanol, 99.9%
Used in solvents, as a disinfectant, for pharmaceutical use, in the synthesis of organic products, and in perfumery.
Brand: Scharlab ET00071000
Additional Details : CAS Number : 64-17-5 Weight : 0.79000kg Transport : UN number : 1170 Chem class : 3 Pack group : II
- Synonyms: Ethyl alcohol, Methylcarbinol, Spirit, Spirit of wine
- Molecular Formula: C2H5OH
- Molar Mass: 46.07g/mol
- CAS: 64-17-5
- EIN ECS No.: 200-578-6
- Dielectric Constant: 24.3 at 25°C
Reacts explosively with strong oxidizing agents including chromium trioxide, hydrogen peroxide and inorganic acids such as nitric acid. Can react violently with metals such as magnesium, sodium and potassium to produce hydrogen. May damage gaskets, painted surfaces, protective and sealing grease coatings, materials, rubber and some plastics.
|ethyl alcohol, alcohol, methylcarbinol, grain alcohol, ethyl hydroxide, ethyl hydrate, algrain, alkohol, anhydrol, tecsol|
Safety and Handling
- Ethanol absolute, reagent grade, ACS, ISO, Reag. Ph Eur
- Flammable liquid Category 2
- H225-Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
- P210-Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P241-Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P240-Ground/bond container and receiving equipment.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P501-Dispose of contents/container to .