Cytiva (Formerly GE Healthcare Life Sciences) Thrombin Protease
For site-specific separation of the GST tag from proteins expressed using pGEX-T vectors
Brand: Cytiva (Formerly GE Healthcare Life Sciences) 27-0846-01
Additional Details : Weight : 0.50000kg
- Supplied as lyophilized powder
- Enables the site-specific cleavage of fusion proteins containing an accessible thrombin recognition sequence
- Purified from bovine plasma; functionally free of other clotting factors, plasminogen, and plasmin
- Can be used either following affinity purification or while fusion proteins are bound to Glutathione Sepharose™ 4B, Glutathione Sepharose High Performance, or Glutathione Sepharose 4 Fast Flow
|Elution Buffer: 50mM Tris HCl, 10mM reduced Glutathione pH 8, Cleavage Buffer: PBS: 140mM NaCl, 2.7mM KCl, 10mM Na2HPO4, 1.8mM KH2PO4 pH 7.3|
|Thrombin Protease Fusion Protein|
|Site-specific separation of the GST tag from proteins expressed using pGEX-T vectors, one unit of enzyme cleaves 90% of 100μg of a test GST fusion protein when incubated in 1X PBS at 22°C for 16 hours|
Safety and Handling
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Respiratory sensitiser Category 1
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H334-May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled.
- H335-May cause respiratory irritation.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P501b-Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : thrombin