MEM α can be used with a variety of suspension and adherent mammalian cells, including keratinocytes, primary rat astrocytes, and human melanoma cells.
- Modification of Minimum Essential Medium (MEM) that contains non-essential amino acids, sodium pyruvate, lipoic acid, vitamin B12, biotin, and ascorbic acid
- Available without nucleosides for use as selection medium for DG44 and other DHFR-negative cells
- Modified as follows: with deoxyribonucleosides, ribonucleosides, L-glutamine, phenol red; without ascorbic acid
- Modified without ascorbic acid
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.2g/L), and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
MEM α is manufactured at a cGMP-compliant facility located in Grand Island, New York. The facility is registered with the FDA as a medical device manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485 standards.
|Low Glucose; L-Glutamine; Phenol Red|
|2'Deoxyguanosine, 2Deoxyadenosine, 2Deoxycytidine HCl, Adenosine, Biotin, Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) (anhyd.), Choline chloride, Cytidine, D-Calcium pantothenate, Folic Acid, Glycine, Guanosine, L-Alanine, L-Arginine, L-Asparagine-H2O, L-Aspartic acid, L-Cysteine hydrochloride-H2O, L-Cystine 2HCl, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glutamine, L-Histidine, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine disodium salt, L-Valine, Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) (anhyd.), Niacinamide, Potassium Chloride (KCl), Pyridoxal hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Sodium Bicarbonate (NaHCO3), Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphate monobasic (NaH2PO4-H2O), Thiamine hydrochloride, Thymidine, Uridine, Vitamin B12, i-Inositol|
|Storage: 2 – 8°C. Protect from light. Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.