MEM α can be used with a variety of suspension and adherent mammalian cells, including keratinocytes, primary rat astrocytes, and human melanoma cells.
- Modification of Minimum Essential Medium (MEM) that contains non-essential amino acids, sodium pyruvate, lipoic acid, vitamin B12, biotin, and ascorbic acid
- Available without nucleosides for use as selection medium for DG44 and other DHFR-negative cells
- Modified as follows: with deoxyribonucleosides, ribonucleosides, L-glutamine, phenol red; without ascorbic acid
- Modified without ascorbic acid
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.2g/L), and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
MEM α is manufactured at a cGMP-compliant facility located in Grand Island, New York. The facility is registered with the FDA as a medical device manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485 standards.
|Standard Serum Supplementation|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.