Hexanes, 95% n-Hexane, BAKER ANALYZED HPLC, J.T.Baker™
BAKER ANALYZED HPLC Reagents are high purity solvents, buffer salts, and mobile phase modifiers for use in analytical and preparative separations. They are optimized for research and quality control applications, including high performance liquid chromatography, gel permeation chromatography and UV-spectrophotometric analysis.
- Recalibration or adjustments due to lot changes are minimized for optimum performance from sensitive instrumentation
- Low backgrounds free of extraneous peaks
- Low UV absorbance in critical ranges - assured through UV absorbance testing at a variety of points and through gradient elution testing
- Fluorescence testing for trace impurities which would cause interference
- Function-tested for: assay, water, minimal residue after evaporation and UV absorbance and fluorescence in critical ranges
- Lot to lot consistency, with an actual Lot Analysis on the label
- Innovative packaging options to assure solvent quality to the point-of-use
|Absorbance||Max. 0.2 at 210nm, Max. 0.08 at 220nm, Max. 0.008 at 254nm, Max. 0.005 at 280nm, Max. 0.005 at 350nm|
|Absorbance Conditions||1.00cm path vs water; curve smooth throughout stated range with no extraneous impurity peaks|
|Percent Purity||Min. 95%|
|Grade||For use in High Performance Liquid Chromatography|
|Explosion Limit||1.2 - 7.4 Vol %|
|Filtered to 0.2 micrometer||Yes|
|Impurities||Fluorescence Trace Impurities: ≤0.3 ppb at 450nm|
|Residue after Evaporation||Max. 2 ppm|
|Solubility in Water||0.1g/L|
|Storage Information||Packaged under nitrogen.|
|Substances Darkened by H2SO4||Passes test|
|Viscosity||0.326 mPas (dynamic) / 0.50 mm2/s (kinematic)|
|Chemical Name or Material||n-Hexane|
|Show More Show Less|
- LONG-TERM AQUATIC HAZARD Chronic 2
- Aspiration toxicity Category 1
- Flammable liquid Category 2
- Reproductive toxicity Category 2
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- Specific target organ toxicity after repeated exposure Category 2
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- H225-Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
- H304-May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways.
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H336-May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- H361f-Suspected of damaging fertility.
- H373-May cause damage to organs.
- H411-Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P210-Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P241-Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment.
- P301+P310-IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor /
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P405-Store locked up.
- P501b-Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.