Thermo Scientific™ MaxQ™ 4000 Benchtop Orbital Shakers
Combine the convenience of a benchtop design with orbital shaking technology in one package with these orbital shakers.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ SHKE4000-8CE
Additional Details : Weight : 3.68709kg
- Accessories and Spare Parts
- Special Offers
Combine the convenience of a benchtop design with orbital shaking technology in one package with Thermo Scientific™ MaxQ™ 4000 Benchtop Orbital Shakers. Versatile, incubated and refrigerated, these shakers are ideal for cell culture, solubility studies, extraction procedures, protein expression and many other applications. They are spacious chambers in a footprint designed for the benchtop.
MaxQ 4000 benchtop orbital shakers are durable and easy to use with a spacious 18 × 18in. platform for higher vessel capacity. These benchtop units handle up to six 2L flasks. The clear, scratch-resistant lid allows unobstructed sample viewing without disturbing chamber temperature.
- Triple eccentric drive delivers uniform motion with 0.75in. (19mm) circular orbit
- Timed or continuous-run modes
- Clear, scratch-resistant lid for sample viewing
- Safety interlock stops platform when lid is opened
- Precisely monitor temperature and control chamber temperature over complete range with ±0.1C accuracy at 37°C with PID temperature controller
- Over temperature safety feature with independent thermostat provides additional backup by controlling heat if main temperature controller fails
- Speed control from 40 to 400rpm by rotary dial
- Integrated tachometer monitors and displays speed in rpm to guarantee an accurate setting
- Easy-to-read LED digital temperature display
- Continuous and timed operation from 1 to 60 min.
- Variable speed control from 15 to 500 rpm
- View speed, temperature and time simultaneously on three individual LED displays which helps minimize errors in establishing running conditions
- Continuous and timed operation from 0.1 hr. up to 999 hr. or 0.1 min. to 999 min.
- Shaker shutdown and audible/visual alarms signal if unit operates ±10% of set speed, preventing shaker from walking
- User-adjustable speed calibration can be performed using a digital handheld tachometer, where verification is required and protocols can be standardized
- Unbalanced load sensor stops platform motion when excess vibration is detected and visual/audible alarms signal until condition is corrected
- Soft-start feature eliminates sudden starts and stops, splashing of vessel contents or wetting of flask closure
- Solid-state DC brushless motor is maintenance free
Overall Dimensions Inches (cm)
Models SHKA4000, SHKE4000, SHKA4000-5, SHKE4000-5: 32 (81.3) x 22.5 (57.2) x 22 (55.9)
Models SHKA4000-7, SHKE4000-7: 34 (86.4) x 22.5 (57.2) x 22 (55.9)
Shipping Weight Lb. (kg)
Models SHKA4000, SHKE4000, SHKA4000-5, SHKE4000-5: 167 (75.8)
Models SHKA4000-7, SHKE4000-7: 212 (96.2)
For a complete system, order platforms and clamps (sold separately).
Universal Platform (without clamps) or Dedicated Platform (with pre-installed clamps).
- Cell culture
- Solubility studies
- Extraction procedures
- Plasmid purification
- General mixing
- Bacterial suspensions
- Staining and destaining
- Washing procedures
- Protein expression
|1.9 cm (0.75 in.)|
|15 to 500 rpm, ±1 rpm|
|6 x 2 L Flasks|
|−5°F to +140°F|
|Large Incubated and Refrigerated Benchtop Orbital Shaker|
|Continuous or timed operation from 0.1 minute to 999 hours|
|240 V, 50Hz|
|Ambient minus 15°C to 60°C|
|UL, cUL, CE|
|MaxQ 4000 Refrigerated and Incubated Shaker|