Phenolphthalein Solution R1, EP Grade, Reagecon™
Manufactured according to Eu. Ph. Chapter 4 (4.1.1) and prepared in an ISO 9001 facility. Phenolphthalein Solution R1, EP Grade, Reagecon™ is a ready-to-use 10g/L solution used as an indicator in acid–base titrations. It turns colorless in acidic solutions and red/pink in basic solutions.
Brand: Reagecon 1063703
Additional Details : CAS Number : 77-09-8 Weight : 0.07900kg Transport : UN number : 1170 Chem class : 3 Pack group : II
- Safety and Handling
- Accessories and Spare Parts
- Special Offers
DescriptionPhenolphthalein's common use is as an indicator in acid-base titrations. It also serves as a component of universal indicator, together with methyl red, bromothymol blue and thymol blue. This solution is prepared by dissolving 10g phenolphthalein in 1L ethanol. The solution turns red in reaction to bases and remains colorless in acids.
- Manufactured in an ISO 9001-compliant facility according to Eu. Ph. Chapter 4 (4.1.1) guidelines
- Provided with a certificate of analysis and a label that shows the lot and expiration date
- Ready to use product eliminates the time and labor of preparing precise reagents and volumetric solutions
|7 (at 20°C)|
|Eu. Ph. Chapter 4(4.1.1)|
|Turns red/pink in reaction to bases|
Safety and Handling
- PHENOLPHTHALEIN SOLUTION R1 - EUROPEAN PHARMACOPOEIA
- Flammable liquid Category 2
- Germ cell mutagenicity Category 2
- Carcinogenicity Category 1B
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- H225-Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
- H341-Suspected of causing genetic defects.
- H350-May cause cancer.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- P210-Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P241-Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P405-Store locked up.
- P501-Dispose of contents/container to .
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : Ethanol, Phenolphthalein