Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Premium Grade Sulfo-SMCC (sulfosuccinimidyl 4-(N-maleimidomethyl)cyclohexane-1-carboxylate)
Optimize applications where product integrity and risk minimization are paramount our highest quality formulation of this popular amine-to-sulfhydryl crosslinker.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ PG82085
Additional Details : Weight : 0.01000kg
Optimize applications where product integrity and risk minimization are paramount with the specially characterized Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Premium Grade Sulfo-SMCC, our highest quality formulation of this popular amine-to-sulfhydryl crosslinker.
Thermo Scientific Pierce Premium Grade Sulfo-SMCC is our highest quality formulation of this popular amine-to-sulfhydryl crosslinker, specially characterized for applications where product integrity and risk minimization are paramount.
Compared to the standard grade product, Premium Grade Sulfo-SMCC provides more clearly defined quality and product support by including (a) increased analytical testing and product characterization, (b) greater batch-specific information and quality assurance review, (c) extensive lot sample retention and (d) change control notification. Sulfo-SMCC is a water-soluble, non-cleavable and membrane-impermeable amine-to-sulfhydryl crosslinker that contains NHS-ester and maleimide reactive groups at opposite ends of a medium-length cyclohexane spacer arm (8.3 angstroms). NHS esters react with primary amines at pH 7-9 to form stable amide bonds. Maleimides react with sulfhydryl groups at pH 6.5-7.5 to form stable thioether bonds. The maleimide groups of Sulfo-SMCC are unusually stable up to pH 7.5 because of the cyclohexane bridge in the spacer arm. Because it contains the hydrophilic sulfonyl moiety, Sulfo-SMCC is soluble up to nearly 10mM in water and many commonly used buffers, thus avoiding the use of organic solvents which may perturb protein structure.Highlights:
- Sulfo-SMCC – a water-soluble amine-to-sulfhydryl crosslinker with a stabilizing cyclohexane spacer arm
- High quality – identity and purity confirmed by several tests, including quantitative NMR
- Product integrity – enhanced level of testing and characterization compared to standard grade
- Lot retention – ample supply of past lots retained to ensure future process testing
- Change management – Change Control Notification (CCN) service
- Consistent manufacture – batch-specific manufacturing documentation review
- Enzyme labeling of antibodies - both enzyme and antibody specificity can be preserved
- Create specific bioconjugates via one- or two-step crosslinking reactions
- Create sulfhydryl-reactive, maleimide-activated carrier proteins for coupling haptens
|Upon receipt store desiccated at -20°C. Product is shipped at ambient temperature.|
|Maleimide, Sulfo-NHS Ester|