Potassium tert-butoxide, pure, 1.6-1.7M (20 wt.%) solution in THF, AcroSeal™, Thermo Scientific™
Brand: Thermo Scientific Acros 428791000
Additional Details : CAS Number : 865-47-4 Weight : 0.14290kg Transport : UN number : 2920 Chem class : 8 Pack group : I
This Thermo Scientific brand product was originally part of the Acros Organics product portfolio. Some documentation and label information may refer to the legacy brand. The original Acros Organics product / item code or SKU reference has not changed as a part of the brand transition to Thermo Scientific.
|Solubility in water: reacts with water|
|Solubility in water: reacts with water.|
|1.60 to 1.75M|
|Pure, 1.7M (20 wt.%) solution in THF|
|Amber to Yellow|
|t-buok, potassium-t-butoxide, tert-butoxypotassium, 2-methyl-2-propanol, potassium salt, kotbu, potassium tert-butylate, potassium 2-methylpropan-2-olate, potassium t-butoxide, potassium tert-butanolate, potassium tert-butoxide|
|AcroSeal™ Glass Bottle|
Safety and Handling
- Potassium tert-butoxide, 20 wt.% solution in THF
- Carcinogenicity Category 2
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Flammable liquid Category 2
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 A
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- H318-Causes serious eye damage.
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H351-Suspected of causing cancer.
- H335-May cause respiratory irritation.
- H336-May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- H225-Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
- EUH014-Reacts violently with water.
- EUH019-May form explosive peroxides.
- P210-Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P301+P330+P331-IF SWALLOWED: rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
RUO – Research Use Only