- Accessories and Spare Parts
- Special Offers
The Invitrogen™ Power Blotter System is specifically designed for rapid semi-dry transfer of proteins from polyacrylamide gels (SDS-PAGE) to nitrocellulose or PVDF membranes in 5 to 12 minutes. The Power Blotter includes an integrated power supply optimized to enable consistent and high-efficiency protein transfer.
The Power Blotter Cassette enables the simultaneous transfer of gels. The Power Blotter Station has an easy-to-use color LCD touchscreen interface with pre-programmed transfer methods for different numbers and sizes of gels and ranges of molecular weight proteins. The easy-touch programming feature allows custom transfer settings to be quickly created, saved, and run.
The Power Blotter achieves highly efficient transfer in 7 minutes when used with Power Blotter Select Transfer Stacks or 10 minutes with the Power Blotter 1-Step Transfer Buffer. The instrument is also effective for standard 30- to 60-minute semi-dry transfer protocols based on traditional Towbin buffer.
- Efficient—high transfer efficiency with a broad range of protein sizes compared to conventional semi-dry or wet (tank) transfer methods
- Fast—5 to 12 minute transfer when used with Power Blotter Select Transfer Stacks or Power Blotter 1-Step Transfer Buffer
- Integrated power supply—seamless operation between control unit and cassette; no need for external power supply
- Easy-touch programming—convenient pre-programmed transfer methods or create, save, and run customized transfer methods
- Flexible—simultaneous transfer
- Versatile—compatible with Power Blotter Select Transfer Stacks, Pierce 1-Step Transfer Buffer for rapid blotting programs or Towbin transfer buffer for conventional semi-dry transfer methods