Merck Millipore Proteinase K
From Tritirachium album
Brand: Merck Millipore 1245680500
Additional Details : CAS Number : 39450-01-6 Weight : 0.00050kg
- Chromatographically purified lyophilized 30 m Anson-U/mg
- For biochemistry and molecular biology EC 126.96.36.199
- Useful for the proteolytic inactivation of nucleases during the isolation of DNA and RNA.
- Removes endotoxins that bind to cationic proteins such as lysozyme and ribonuclease A.
- Reported useful for the isolation of hepatic, yeast, and mung bean mitochondria
- Determination of enzyme localization on membranes
- Treatment of paraffin embedded tissue sections to expose antigen binding sites for antibody labeling.
- Digestion of proteins from brain tissue samples for prions in Transmissible
- Spongiform Encephalopathies (TSE) research.
- Proteinase K is a stable and highly reactive serine protease.
- Evidence from crystal and molecular structure studies indicates the enzyme belongs to the subtilisin family with an active-site catalytic triad (Asp39-His69-Ser224).
- It is stable in a broad range of environments: pH, buffer salts, detergents (SDS), and temperature.
- In the presence of 0.1-0.5% SDS, proteinase K retains activity and will digest a variety of proteins and nucleases in DNA preparations without compromising the integrity of the isolated DNA.
Safety and Handling
- PROTEINASE K CHROMATOgrAPHICALLY PURIFIED, 500mg
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Respiratory sensitiser Category 1
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H334-May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled.
- P261-Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P264-Wash skin thoroughly after handling.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P312-Call a POISON CENTER/doctor/if you feel unwell.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : proteinase k