Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Primary Neuron Isolation Kit
Easily isolate and culture highly viable functional primary neurons
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 88283
Additional Details : Weight : 0.50000kg
The Thermo Scientific Pierce Primary Neuron Isolation Kit provides isolation and culturing reagents for the optimal yield and viability of primary neurons form embryonic cortical and hippocampal tissue from mouse and rat.
The Primary Neuron Isolation Kit has been designed to obtain high viability and purity of primary embryonic neurons using validated reagents and an optimized procedure for enzymatic digestion and culturing. The kit contains tissue-specific dissociation enzymes, media formulated specifically for neuronal cell culture, and cell culture supplements that promote the isolation and growth of functional neurons. The validated protocol and reagents produce highly pure primary neurons for either short- or long-term culture, and the kit is designed for use by both experienced and non-experienced users.
- Optimized - procedure and reagents optimized for viability, yield, purity, and ease-of-use
- Yield - provides a 2-fold increase in yield compared to do-it-yourself methods
- Viability - greater than 95% of isolated cells remain viable in culture from Day 1 to Week 4
- Functional - cultured neurons contain processes indicative of complete differentiation and functionality
- Complete kit includes Neuronal Isolation Enzyme, Hanks' Balanced Salt Solution (HBSS), Neuronal Culture Medium, Neuronal Culture Media Supplement, Glutamine Supplement, and Neuronal Growth Supplement
- Fresh embryonic mouse or rat tissue sample, heat-inactivated fetal bovine serum (FBS), poly-D-lysine treated culture dishes
- Neuronal cell differentiation
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
- Functional and biochemical assays
- Biologically relevant system for preclinical drug discovery, neurotoxicity testing, and predictive disease modeling
The Pierce Primary Neuron Isolation Kit has been optimized to provide excellent cell yield and to sustain cells at greater than 95% viability. The neurons are appropriately polarized, develop extensive axonal and dendritic arbors, express neuronal and synaptic markers, and form numerous, functional synaptic connections with one another. They can be used as a model system for molecular and cellular biology studies of neuronal development and function, especially for visualizing the subcellular localization of endogenous or expressed proteins, imaging protein, neuronal polarity, and dendritic growth and synapse formation .
1. Silva, R.F.M, et al. (2006) Dissociated primary nerve cell cultures as models for assessment of neurotoxicity. Toxicology Letters 163:1-9.
2. Ivenshitz, M. and Segal, M, (2009). Neuronal density determines network connectivity and spontaneous activity in cultured hippocampus. J Neurophysiol 104:1052-60.
|Neuronal Culture Medium|
|Mixture with 10mL of Neuronal Culture Media Supplement, Part No. 88286|