Macherey-Nagel™ NucleoSpin™ DNA Stool
Combines enzymatic lysis with mechanical disruption of cell walls for efficient isolation of high-quality genomic DNA from any stool sample, fresh or frozen. Complete kit includes NucleoSpin™ Bead Tubes.
Brand: Macherey-Nagel™ 740472.50
Additional Details : Weight : 0.45000kg Transport : UN number : 1993 Chem class : 3 Pack group : III
Isolation of genomic DNA from bacterial and epithelial cells from stool samples
- Efficient procedure combining enzymatic lysis and bead disruption
- Isolation of high-quality genomic DNA (microbial and host) from fresh and frozen samples
- Suitable for any stool sample – carnivores, omnivores, and herbivore
- Bead Tubes included for efficient lysis – compatible with most common disruption devices
- NucleoSpin™ Inhibitor Removal Columns ensure highest purity of the isolated DNA
- Downstream applications: PCR, real-time PCR, Southern blotting, microarray technology
|Isolation of genomic DNA from stool samples|
|fresh or frozen stool samples from herbivores, omnivores, or carnivores|
|Mini Spin Column|
|Silica membrane and mechanical (bead tube) disruption|
|Approx. 200 mg (180 - 220 mg)|
|60 min/10 prep|
|Varies by sample type, quality and water content|
|Disruption device (e.g. Vortex-Genie 2 with MN Bead Tube Holder), Centrifuge, Vortex mixer|
|Binding capacity: 50 μg|
|DNA Stool Columns, Bead Tubes Type A, Inhibitor Removal Columns, Collection Tubes (2 mL), Collection Tubes (2 mL, lid), Buffers|
|Room temperature (18 - 25 °C)|
|Elution volume: 30 - 100 μL|
|Fragment size: 200 bp - approx. 50 kbp|
Safety and Handling
- NucleoSpin DNA Stool
- Flammable liquid Category 3
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- LONG-TERM AQUATIC HAZARD Chronic 3
- H226-Flammable liquid and vapour.
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H336-May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- H412-Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- EUH032-Contact with acids liberates very toxic gas.
- P210-Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P260-Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P264-Wash with water thoroughly after handling.
- P273-Avoid release to the environment.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P330-Rinse mouth.
- P301+P312-IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician/ if you feel unwell.