Gibco™ Blasticidin S HCl (10 mg/mL)
Selective antibiotic in concentration range of 50G–100μg/mL
Brand: Gibco™ A1113903
Additional Details : Weight : 1.00000kg
Blasticidin S is a nucleoside antibiotic isolated from Streptomyces griseochromogenes. It is a potent inhibitor of protein synthesis in both prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. Blasticidin S acts quickly by inhibiting peptide bond formation by the ribosome.
- Used for prevention of contamination of cell cultures
- Recommended working concentration ranges 1–20μg/mL depending on cell line
- Provided as solution at 10mg/mL in 20 mM HEPES (pH 7.2–7.5)
- Supplied in 10 vials each containing 1mL.
- Resistance is conferred by expression of either one of two Blasticidin S deaminase genes: BSD or bsr
Cell Culture, Cloning, Drosophila S2 Cell Culture, Insect Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture, Selection, Sf9 & Sf21 Cell Culture, Transfection, Transformation
|10 mg⁄ml, 10 mg⁄mL, 10 mg⁄ml|
|Eukaryotic Cell, Prokaryotic Cell|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.